RUN HOPE WORK GRADUATION
RUN HOPE WORK is a non-profit organization dedicated to transforming the lives of young people in crisis. RUN HOPE WORK uses running, mentorship and hands-on training in trades link flooring, painting and green technologies to give participants the skills they need to grow meaningful careers and to contribute to their communities.
RUN HOPE WORK was founded by my good friend, Jose Ortiz, who was once homeless and struggling with substance abuse himself. He is now "paying it forward" with this amazing program.
I ran with the group several times this June and July and survived a couple of Ultimate Frisbee games.
The graduation program on July 29th at Covenant House was an empowering, uplifting experience for graduates and family and friends alike. All 16 graduates have jobs! Graduates also receive employer recognized certifications.
I captured words of wisdom about the program, the graduates and life during the graduation.
- Stepped up (by joining the program) and Stepped Through (by completing the program and landing a job)
- Made the right decisions
- Welcome to adulthood
- Team leader. Very mature
- Hard working. Focused
- Spoiled Brat!
- Success is where Opportunity meets Preparation
- Unsung Hero
- I learned a lot but most of all - respect for myself
- Recipe for success. Run for what you want. Fight through pain. Faith without work is dead
- I was afraid to go to college. I ran, hoped, and worked through college
- Whose life is this anyway? It's yours. Don't quit
- Nothing stops a bullet like a job